By plane, by train, by car, by bus, how to join Louvain-la-Neuve
Université catholique de Louvain
Auditoires Agora – Place Agora 19
B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
How to reach LLN?
“Louvain-la-Neuve – Université” train station is directly connected to Ottignies rail traffic. It is located on the Brussels-Namur line, in each way you have two trains/hour, week-end included.
Do not confuse Louvain-La-neuve with Leuven, which is another city on another line of the train.
- Brussels-Louvain-la-Neuve: 30min, you will have to change the train in Ottignies and take a direct train towards Louvain-la-Neuve-Université.
- If you come from Namur or Charleroi, change the train in Ottignies and take another one towards “Louvain-la-Neuve – Université”.
- If you come from Luxembourg, get down at Ottignies (if you are in the EC96 or EC90 Vauban who comes from Switerland, you will have to change at Namur and take a train towards Ottignies)
- From a foreign country: get down at Brussels-North if your train goes this way. If not, get down at Brussells-Midi, where all the trains leave for Ottignies, via Brussels-Central, Brussels-Nord, Brussels-Schuman et Brussels-Luxembourg.
Train schedules are available on the SNCB website or by phone: +32/(0)2 528 28 28.
By car –40 minutes from Brussels
The E411 highway Brussels-Namur passes near Louvain-la-Neuve ( do not confuse with Leuven). Take the exit 8 if you come from Brussels, or 9 if you come from Namur. When you get to the roundabout on National 4, follow the area name you want to get to on the traffic signs.
When you arrive to Brussels airport (Zaventem), you can reach Louvain-la-Neuve by train (first train at 5.30am). Everyday between 9am and 12am, 4 trains/hour brings you to the Brussels-North station where you can change and take a train for Louvain-la-Neuve. (Do not get confused with Leuven who is another city).
Brussels South Charleroi airport: lowcost companies. It is 40 km from our venue. Some buses go from the airport to Charleroi South train station. The easiest way to get to Louvain-la-Neuve is to take a train from Charleroi-South to Ottignies, where another train brings you in 8min to the university. (Till 10pm)
Several TEC lines go to Louvain-la-Neuve from :
- Brussels (line Cbis or Conforto Bis) from metro station Roodebeek via metro staion Crainhem
- Etterbeek (line C or Conforto) via la Plaine des manoeuvres, SNCB d’Etterbeek station, metro station Delta or Wavre train station
- Jodoigne (Rapido Bus 1) via Thorembais-Saint-Trond,
- Waterloo (Rapido Bus 3) via Braine-l’Alleud, Ohain, Lasne et Céroux,
- Nivelles, SNCB train station(Rapido Bus 4) via Genappe et Beaurieux
- Tourinnes-la-Grosse (Rapido Bus 6) via Hamme-Mille, Grez-Doiceau et Wavre (4 Sapins)
- Wavre et Ottignies (line 20),
- Dion-Valmont (line 21),
- Perwez (line 33) via Chaumont-Gistoux,
- Chastre (line 34) via Walhain, Nil, Corbais et Mont-saint-Guibert.
This lines are only available from Monday till Friday, excepting lines 33, 34 (Saturdays included), and line 20 (Saturday and Sunday included). Bus schedules are available here:
http://www.infotec.be or by phone: +32 (0)10 23 53 53